14th Dec 2018
Bank Reconciliation Technical Adviser – Treasury, Nauru
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – D2
• 3 month role
• Based in Nauru
Based in Nauru for the Government of Nauru, the Bank Reconciliation Technical Adviser position requires an experienced professional who is highly skilled in undertaking bank reconciliations work while using a Government FMIS. A key element of this role will be capacity development through documentation of required reconciliation methodology into a Financial Instructions and providing training to Treasury staff to maintain the reconciliation of the accounts.
A practical “hands-on” person is required with a preparedness to undertake any of the day to day work as required. The successful applicant must have a broad range of relevant technical experience coupled with the initiative, flexibility, pragmatism, and an ability to improvise.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Deputy Secretary for Treasury, Ministry of Finance, Government of Nauru.
This role is expected to commence in February 2019 for a period of 3 months.
• Reconcile the Government of Nauru’s main bank accounts (Operating, Receipting, Donor and TT accounts) along with its cash account at the National Revenue Office with the General Ledger on the FMIS from the 1st of July 2017 to date.
• Provide documentation and training to Treasury staff on the reconciliation process.
• Undertake using the Government’s Technology-One FMIS Bank reconciliation module a reconciliation of the Government of Nauru bank accounts from the 1st of July 2017 to date.
• Documentation of the FMIS bank reconciliation process into the FMIS Manual.
• Produce Financial Instructions associated with bank reconciliation consistent with the FMIS process.
• Provide training to Treasury staff to undertake the reconciliation either throughout the reconciliation or at the conclusion of the reconciliation process.
• Bachelor level degree or post-graduate tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or related discipline.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public finance accounting utilising Financial Management Information Systems.
• Experience in a developing country Government Treasury or Finance department; relevant work experience in a Pacific Island country will be an advantage.
• Well developed, organisational and coordination skills and ability to work independently with little supervision.
• A proven track record in, and a commitment to, mentoring and transferring knowledge and skills – particularly in a development context.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate to a diverse range of people and a good understanding of cultural sensitivities.
• Patience and flexibility.
• Ability to live and work in a new cultural setting.
• A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment.
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – Short Term Adviser - D2
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2
Applications close midnight ACST 14th December 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com