PNG Toner & Ink Supplies Ltd is a privately nationally owned and operated company established over 15 years ago. We provides sales, service and supplies for digital B&W and Color copiers, digital duplicators, connected multi-functional and document management solutions support services throughout Papua New Guinea to all leading brands in the market today including Kyocera, Ricoh, Duplo, Oki, Brother, Fuji Xerox, Canon, Epson, HP, Lexmark and others. We take pride in offering necessary services to professional enterprises across the country.
We require a fulltime MFP Engineer / Technician - solutions expert to join our team to support our range of technology solutions. The ideal applicant will have experience as an office equipment technician, with excellent communication skills, excellent IT skills and be able to work in a team environment.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can demonstrate actual infield experience, high level of diagnostic skills for, server, workstation and network problems.
- Communicates well with clients.
- Can install, service, maintain and network all the very latest technology within the photocopier and business equipment industry.
- Demonstrate a good level of solutions or software knowledge.
- Strong technical aptitude, Network IT proficiency, and troubleshooting skills
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
You will need to be an experienced engineer with extensive practical experience in;
- The Print, Fax, Scanner engineer configures and ensures proper functioning of servers, copiers, fax machines and peripherals from a Tier 3 perspective. The technician provides routine maintenance patching multiple servers and ensuring print queues are functioning. This engineer is knowledgeable about a full range of printers. The individual should collaborate with the internal departments and assist in resolving Tier2 problems as needed. Engineer will be responsible for maintaining various documents required to remote into printer end points, servers, and other infrastructure that support enterprise level print services.
- Prior experience in handling all printer repair and maintenance
- Plans office equipment service work by studying complaints and requests, planning , routing and confirming service appointments
- Documents service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
Analyze and resolve technical issues related to computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals
- Some regional travel may be expected to provide on-site servicing and rectify major printers issues or outages
- Record, upgrade and replace software systems, firmware, and drivers
- Experienced and capable of managing print queues; clearing, rebuilding, and resetting.
- Offer technical support for activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of reported problems
- Install and reinstall software packages and updates on print servers and admin servers
- Be able to recognize, research, isolate, resolve, and follow-up on problems
- Elevate issues to Tier4 (vendors) and follow-up until technical resolution is achieved
- Handle all administrative aspects and tasks within the time limit and/or service lane agreement timelines
- Provide feedback that includes customer information and usage reports for printer services
- Must be able to solve problems, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, understand and interpret technical terms
- Must manage multiple ticket queues for incidents, changes and tasks
- Must provide customer follow up
- Repairing both photocopiers and printers and troubleshooting difficult problems
- Networking multifunction devises and printers and setting up scan to folders and email.
- Setting up document solutions software and training customers on how to use it.
- Assisting with inbound and outbound calls for technical support enquiries.
- Providing high level customer service and technical support to existing customers and both proactive/reactive incidents.
- Procurement of parts and assisting with warranty claims.
- Ensure that SLAs (Service Level Agreements) are met.
- Delivering quality work for scheduled pre and post-sales support to our customers.
- Other technical and help desk related tasks.
- Acquiring and learning, building your knowledgebase on our products, services and the Media Form ethos.
- On the road servicing and repairing printers and visiting customer sites.
Education and Experience Required:
- 10 years + Current, technical / repair experience in the Copier, MFD and Managed Print and Document Solutions Industry is important
- Certified A+ or equivalent trainings certificates
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics with extensive repairing experience within industry and on similar products.
- I.T experience would also be a big advantage in this ever changing industry.
About the Offer
Excellent base salary, commissions and performance based bonus + car + accommodation + airfares + 4 weeks annual leave and all the usual expatriate benefits expected for a senior role.
How To Apply:
If you meet the experience & skills, please send a brief cover letter with updated CV with passport size photo addressing your experience year to years along with your certificates, references and reliable contact details to be forwarded to “The Recruitment Manager” Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you are not contacted, PNG Toner Ltd like to thank you in advance for your time in applying this position.
Please state “Business Equipment Engineer” in the subject field of your email while applying.
Application closes 5pm, Sunday 15th November, 2020.
Please Apply ONLY if you have all the ‘Education and Experience’.
All applications held in the strictest confidence.