23rd Apr 2021
Chief Executive Officer
The Northern Island Stevedoring Company Limited (NISCOL) Port Services is a Limited Company owned by the following shareholders: SANMA Province (30%), MALAMPA Province (20%), PENAMA Province (20%), TORBA Province (10%), Luganville Municipal Council (10%) and the Vanuatu Government (10%).
The company operates all stevedoring, wharfage and transportation of international cargoes at Luganville in Santo, Republic of Vanuatu.
The Board of Directors is calling for applications from appropriately qualified individuals to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO through the Board of Directors has the overall responsibility for managing NISCOL’s successful operations as well as playing an integral role in driving the expectations of the Shareholders ensuring maximum sustainable profitability and continual growth.
The CEO is responsible for the overall development, improvement and success of NISCOL, including the vision, mission, direction, delivery of improvements of strategies, systems, processes and procedures through established good governance practices, policies and decisions resulting in significant business growth and profitability.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced executive with a combined stevedore, business and management experiences and exposure who will through highly developed skills and understanding of the key business performance indicators formulate and set the standards required through a strategic business and operational plan for securing appropriate sustainable economic returns for its Shareholders.
The position incumbent accepts full responsibility and accountability for total performance consistent with the interests of all stakeholders.
• Leadership skills, including the ability to develop and set strategic objectives and directions, establish priorities, assign accountabilities and direct the executive on the implementation of NISCOL’s strategic vision, goals and objectives.
• Analytical skills, with the ability to develop NISCOL’s strategic plan and oversee the implementation of the strategies through a transparent, accountable, effective and efficient management of the organization.
• Business management, including the ability to ensure that the executive team and staff are well informed on all critical matters affecting the operations of the Company and that NISCOL is adhering to the strategic plan and delivering status reports to the Board.
• Interpersonal skills including building relationships, change management and promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and a commitment to safety and quality.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with government, shareholder representatives, board of directors, employees, business houses and all other stakeholders.
• Strong corporate governance background, including the ability to promote and implement a healthy corporate culture for good governance at all levels within NISCOL.
• Accepts full responsibility and accountability for NISCOL’s total performance consistent with the interests of all stakeholders.
• Tertiary qualifications in financial and operational management disciplines are required. Master of business administration (MBA) preferable.
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience and exposure in a stevedore or similar organization.
• Strategic thinker with proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Entrepreneurial team player with strong corporate governance and change management skills.
Applicants should be either citizens or residents of Vanuatu, or be able to become residents of Vanuatu or more precisely Luganville, Santo.
Applicants must include:
• A curriculum Vitae;
• A statement in support of the application addressing the selection criteria (totalling not more than three (3) typed pages);
• The names and current contact details of at least three (3) referees.
Applications should be addressed to the Chairman, NISCOL Board of Directors, PO Box 226, Luganville, Santo, Vanuatu or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct enquiries about the position to the Chairman on email address above.
Applications close on COB Friday, 23rd April 2021.
Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Prior applicants need not reapply.