College of the Marshall Islands
27th Mar 2020
CMI invites applications for the following job openings:
Position Title: Developmental Education English Instructor
Full-Time- $25,137 - $33,515 annually
Closing Date: March 27, 2020.
The Developmental Education English Department of the College of the Marshall Islands, a community college located on Majuro atoll in the Marshall Islands, invites applications for a full-time Developmental English Instructor beginning August 01, 2020.
The successful candidate will teach Developmental English courses in the combination of listening & speaking, and reading & writing in an ESL environment. The selected candidate may also teach the First Year College Experience course. Other responsibilities will include departmental and college service, academic advising, and outcomes assessment. There are also opportunities to develop and shape a new course in the area of expertise and to do research.
The College is now seeking a passionate Developmental English educator willing to relocate to our small and remote location where his/her teaching and learning expertise is greatly valued by a developing population with a distinct Pacific culture beginning August 01, 2020.
- Initial contract of three years;
- Transportation from the point of hire to the Marshall Islands;
- Moving in allowance of USD $2,000;
- Not to exceed $9,000 housing allowance per year;
Successful candidate must have;
· A Master’s Degree in developmental education with specialization in English instruction, speech and communication, special education.
· Experience teaching listening & speaking, reading & writing in developmental or remedial setting.
· International ESL teaching experience.
The College of the Marshall Islands is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The College of the Marshall Islands requires pre-employment reference and background screening.