Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
16th Mar 2021
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – D4
• 12 + 12 months role
• Based in Tarawa, Kiribati
The Director of National Economic Planning Office (NEPO) will be responsible for the effective management of the NEPO Division, for capacity building of NEPO staff to deliver on the Division’s objectives and for enabling the integration of planning, budgeting, investment and aid coordination across the division. The Director will improve aid effectiveness by promoting best practice in aid design, delivery and monitoring. The Director will lead a core team of technical/professional staff in NEPO and is required to provide strong intellectual and technical leadership in the areas of policy, planning and budgeting.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Secretary for the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and work with the Minister of Finance for specified responsibilities.
This role is expected to commence in May 2021 for a period of 12 + 12 months.
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on https://www.pactam2.com/ carefully to understand those conditions.
• Enhance the oversight and management of economic reform program and public funds including Government’s Revenue Equalisation Reserve Fund
• Strengthen NEPO’s ability to provide strategic advice on the impacts of new and on-going policies/economic reforms including the macroeconomic outlooks
• Improve the role of NEPO in linking planning/budgeting, aid coordination, and evaluation/monitoring of plans and strategies
• Build the capacity of NEPO staff to deliver the range of NEPO functions (planning, budgeting, investment and aid harmonization) effectively
• Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues
• Degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce or related discipline
Skills, experience, knowledge
• Demonstrated experience in a senior technical position preparing strategic policy-focused financial planning, budgeting and investment advice to support fiscally achievable economic and social development outcomes
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position responsible for managing human resources and building organisational capability
• High level analytical skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and negotiate to achieve outcomes
• Demonstrated commitment to improving systems and processes and building the capacity of co-workers through mentoring and the transference of skills
• Ability to cope with cultural isolation in a remote location and a preparedness to work with limited resources
• Patience, tolerance and flexibility
• Post Graduate qualifications in Economics, Finance, Commerce or related discipline
• Previous experience living and working in a developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states)
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – D4
• Mobility and special location allowances
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://www.pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST 16th March 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
PACTAM2 love to hear from applicants across the region