Pacific Fusion Centre
16th Aug 2021
Directorship, Pacific Fusion Centre
The Pacific Fusion Centre (Centre) is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Director to lead the Centre and deliver its programs. The Centre was announced in 2018 to support Pacific Island Forum (PIF) Leaders to deliver on the security priorities articulated in the 2018 Boe Declaration on Regional Security. The Centre aspires to be the regional centre of excellence in open-source strategic security assessments, capacity building and information sharing. The Centre will open its permanent headquarters in Port Vila, Vanuatu, by December 2021. For further information, visit the Pacific Fusion Centre website at www.pacificfusioncentre.org
The Pacific Fusion Centre is anchored in the Pacific regional security architecture and takes policy direction from PIF Members through the PIF Forum Officials Committee (FOC) Subcommittee on Regional Security (FSRS). The Centre is funded by the Australian Government.
The Director will be accountable to the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade under contract for services (independent contractor) arrangements. The Director will also report on the progress of the Centre to PIF Members through the FSRS. The Director will coordinate closely with the Australian Government (as primary financier of the Centre) on financial and administrative requirements of the Australian Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 and other relevant legislation.
On behalf of the Pacific Fusion Centre, Scope Global is facilitating the recruitment of this strategic role. This role is expected to commence in November 2021 for an initial period of 2 years, with a possible 12 month extension. Please note the successful applicant may be required to comply with any relevant COVID-19 requirements.
· A relevant undergraduate degree in political sciences, law, international relations, social sciences, finance, business administration, management or related area
· Postgraduate degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) is desirable.
Skills, experience, knowledge
· A minimum of eight years’ experience in senior public sector management, or international or regional organisation management
· Proven experience of involvement in policy processes, planning, and/or in driving policy changes
· Senior leadership experience, preferably in a relevant Pacific government agency, regional agency or organisation
· Outstanding representation and advocacy skills to establish the Centre’s reputation for excellence and collaboration, and to build effective working partnerships across the Pacific security community, including with national security agencies and relevant regional organisations
· A strong understanding of the Pacific region’s security interests, including with regard to Boe Declaration priorities and new and emerging security threats
· Demonstrated networking and stakeholder management skills, including liaison with Ministers, senior government officials, business leaders and academia
· Demonstrated ability to shape strategic direction and achieve results
· Experience in a relevant government agency, security agency or organisation is desirable
· Demonstrated understanding of the regional political landscape, and opportunities and challenges for the Pacific region
· Demonstrated understanding of international legal frameworks, regional architecture, and regional engagement processes.
· Remuneration - Vanuatu Vatu 14,638,00 (AUD 175,181) annual contract fee (this is a single rate, a higher rate is available for accompanied)
· Mobility and transfer allowances
· Flights, medicals, and insurance
· Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit the Scope Global Website.
Applications close midnight ACST 16 August 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PFC@scopeglobal.com
Scope Global loves to hear from applicants across the region.