Federated States of Micronesia
21st Jan 2018
Adviser Remuneration Framework - B3
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – B3
• 9-10 month role with possibility to extend
• Based in Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)
Support the Chuuk State Department of Education (SDOE) to develop the ground work and support preparation for the implementation of the Improving Quality Basic Education (IQBE) Project from 2019 to 2023. You will be accountable to, and managed by the Director of Education and will work closely with specialists, Senior Education Officers, IQBE Project Director and Technical Coordinator at the Chuuk State Department of Education.
This role is expected to commence in March 2018 for a period of 10 months with the possibility of an extension until February 2019.
• Support Chuuk SDOE to prepare the groundwork for implementation of IQBE;
• Supprt to roll-out FedEMIS in Chuuk;
• Support in strategic planning and policy making in areas such as teacher evaluation, school accreditation, students assessment, education policy and its enforcement;
• Support in preparing policy briefs, strategic development plans and proposals for funding, development of evaluation tools, programs/project evaluation and writing analytical reports and summaries; and
• Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues.
• Master of Education (Planning, Policy,Management and/orAdministration)
• 10 years’ experience in education management, including planning
• Proven experience in writing project proposals and program reports
• Proven experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation
• Experience in public school system
• Some experience in resource base development and management
• Experience living and working in a developing country (preferably a Pacific Island country) is desirable
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – B3
• Mobility and special location allowances
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system.
For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST Sunday 21 January 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com