Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
20th Nov 2019
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – C3
• 132 days over 6 months role
• Based in Tuvalu
The Infection Prevention and Control Adviser will provide technical and managerial support to Tuvalu MoH leadership, stakeholders and the Tuvalu health workforce in improving Inflection Prevention and Control (IPC) at PMH. This role will focus on supporting the local clinical (medical, nursing, laboratory and allied health) team with technical mentoring, support and advice. A key aspect of this role will be the review of current IPC resources and the development and implementation of evidence-based standard protocols, guidelines and training materials for IPC in liaison with the MoH and key stakeholders. The adviser will establish a close working relationship with the MoH and clinical staff at PMH to develop an agreed work plan for IPC health system strengthening and workforce support, including the monitoring of progress.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Director of Medical Services, Tuvalu Ministry of Health
This role is expected to commence in January 2020 for a period of 132 days over 6 months, ideally 2 x 2 months field visits.
• Implementation of Transmission based precautions
• Provide operational and technical IPC support to the Ministry of Health
• Provide technical advice and mentoring on Infection Prevent and Control risk reduction
• Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health to develop and implement an IPC monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Provide reports to the Director Medical Services and DFAT
• IPC accreditation and/or Registered general nurse or allied health qualification, with post-graduate qualification, or equivalent experience in IPC
Skills, experience, knowledge:
• Demonstrated experience (5-10 years) working as an accredited IPC specialist/ IPC registered nurse or nurse practitioner in health facilities.
• Experience of living and working in a challenging, resource constraint environment.
• Excellent understanding of risk management in infection prevention and control.
• Experience in supporting successful change in practice through training and mentoring of clinical and allied health professionals.
• Experience developing IPC guidelines and protocols.
• Experience working in the Pacific region or other resource constraint setting.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in training, mentoring and coaching
• A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment.
• Well-developed written and oral communication, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity.
• Excellent record of developing and maintaining respectful and productive cross-cultural relationships, including with persons in senior positions in government and nongovernment agencies, middle managers, technical staff and front-line health workers.
• Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to express verbally and in writing complex ideas in clear and simple language.
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• Remuneration in line with the ARF - C3 ($594 - $812 per work day)
• Daily travel allowances as specified by DFAT
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close 20th November 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
For successful applicants, phone interviews will be held in the week of 9th December 2019
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com