College of Marshall Islands
31st Mar 2018
The Learning Designer will work within a multi-disciplinary, learning and teaching environment to create informed and pedagogically sound, learning experiences. The Learning Designer will work with a team that will include a subject matter expert and a multimedia specialist to design and develop engaging learning and training experiences in alignment with student learning outcomes. He or she will champion innovation which initiatives in context-specific, learning designs.
All CMI employees are expected to demonstrate the Following attributes:
3. Cultural sensitivity
4. Customer relationship
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with subject matter experts to create engaging learning activities in alignment with student learning outcomes.
2. Lead the design and development of high quality learning experiences and materials by integrating pedagogically driven learning outcomes with current and emerging technologies.
3. Apply sound instructional design theories, practices and methods.
4. Align learning designs with stated learning outcomes which map to Program Learning Outcomes and Institutional Student Learning Outcomes.
5. Project manage and lead course and program design teams.
6. Offer training as required to enhance the course and program design process.
7. Promote research-driven, learning design and development.
8. Engage, as required in collaborative research projects to improve the quality of course and program design and development.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Master's degree with at least three (3) years' experience in education technology and /or instructional/learning design; OR
2. Bachelor's degree in a related field with at least six (6) years' experience in education technology and/or instructional/learning design.
3. Computer literate and familiar with desk top publication and learning technologies.
4. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
5. Experience living and working in the Pacific Island region.
1. Doctorate degree in a related field.
2. Teaching qualifications and experience.
3. Management qualifications and experience.
Salary and Benefits Offered at the College of the Marshall Islands:
- Two-years initial contract
- Transportation from the point of hire to the Marshall Islands
- Moving in allowance of USD $2,000.
- Up to $9,000 housing allowance
- Health benefits
- Tuition Waiver
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability Leave
NOTE: Employees understands and agrees that he or she is responsible for all taxes
under RMI law and hereby authorizes the College to make any and all
deductions Required by law.
Human Resources Office will accept applications for the position through March 31, 2018 no later than 5:00pm (Majuro time). Applicants must complete employment requirements online at https://jobs-cmi.peopleadmin.com or www.cmi.edu
The College of the Marshall Islands is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The College of the Marshall Islands requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
For more information contact Nering Redmond at Human Resources Department (692) 625-3291/3394 Ext. 295 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.