Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
26th Jan 2021
· Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – A3, (AUD $9,918 - $12,398 per month +Allowances)
· 12 + 12 month role
· Based in Tuvalu
A Performance Audit Adviser is required to assist in progressing the establishment of the Performance Audit division within the Office of the Auditor General (OAG). The adviser will develop and implement a performance audit program to review management issues to ensure effectiveness, value for money and efficiency within government reporting. The Performance Audit Adviser will build the capacity of audit staff in performance audit and develop a performance audit manual.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Auditor General
This role is expected to commence in March 2021 for a period of 12 + 12 months.
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on https://www.pactam2.com/ carefully to understand those conditions.
· Assist in establishing the Performance Audit Division in the OAG
· Assist in drafting the OAG Performance Audit Manual
· Build the capacity of OAG staff in performance audit
· Document and implement exit strategy 4 months before end of contract
· Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues
· A degree in a field relevant to performance audit work (economics, public administration)
· Certified Practice Accountant (CPA) qualification;
Skills, experience, knowledge
· At least 5-10 years’ experience as a Performance Auditor for a state or national government in progressively senior positions;
· Demonstrated experience in leading, developing and review of performance audits;
· Experience in effectively collaborating and building strong working relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders;
· Demonstrated experience in capacity building with local counterparts and teams;
· Proven ability to work with limited resources in an isolated context.
· Previous experience living in working in the Pacific or another small developing country.
· Remuneration in line with the ARF – A3 (AUD $9,918 - $12,398 per month)
· Mobility and special location allowances
· Flights, medicals, and insurance
· Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
· Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://www.pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST 26th January. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
PACTAM2 love to hear from applicants across the region.