Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
22nd Jul 2019
• Australian Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – D3 ($12,620 - $15,774 per month)
• 12 month role
• Based in Nauru
The Planning and Aid Advisor is a key Government of Nauru (GoN) position that has significant responsibility for providing strategic advice and assistance to the GoN in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS) and the management of Development Fund Programs and Projections.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Development, Ministry of Finance, Government of Nauru.
This role is expected to commence in September for a period of 12 months.
• Support and advise the Deputy Secretary (PAD) on leading the Planning & Aid Division
• Assist and provide advice on monitoring and performance of NSDS implementation
• Review and report on the implementation of the National Economic Infrastructure Social Plan (NEISP) initiatives
• Ensuring Public Management systems are strengthened
• Improved Aid management Managing effective Aid Management activities and optimising opportunities presented to GoN by donor partners and agencies
• Build capacity of local counterparts
• Assist the Deputy Secretary in coordinating and building relationships with donors, implementing departments and State Owned Enterprises
• Provide advice and guidance on cross-cutting issues
• Master’s degree level or equivalent qualification in Aid and Development, Finance, Economics, Business, Planning or related discipline.
Skills, experience, knowledge
• Experience in the aid and development sector with a minimum of 10 years in this field.
• Experience in Public Sector finance reform initiatives, processes, implementation and evaluation including an understanding of public policy and appropriate public sector interventions.
• An understanding of micro and macro-economic issues, models and methodologies including an ability to apply these to develop or assess proposals relating to the development of a small island nation developing economy.
• Experience in capacity building at senior levels and local counterparts and teams.
• Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and programs to achieve national development goals.
• Well-developed managerial skills including the ability to aid in planning and managing staff and processes to achieve organisational objectives.
• Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with Ministers, staff, international donor organisations and other stakeholders, in a cross cultural environment.
• Able to promote greater coherence between those responsible for different aspects of multilateral aid;
• Experience and exposure at international donor organisations and their reporting systems, for example; International Monetary Fund, ADB etc
• Experience in project and financial management, preferably in developing country context.
• Emotional intelligence and sensitivity
• Flexibility, adaptability and problem solving skills
• Resourcefulness, resilience and ability to effectively manage stress
• Realistic expectations and openness to learning
• Previous experience living and working in a developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states) is desirable but not essential.
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – D3 ($12,620 - $15,774)
• Mobility and special location allowances
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
• Please note where a role is unaccompanied for Nauru there will be shared accommodation arrangements
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight 22nd July 2019 No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com