14th Dec 2018
Public Financial Management Adviser
Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism 2 (PACTAM2)
• Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) – D3 – Short Term Adviser
• 24 month role, 100 working days
• Primarily working from home, 1 trip to Nauru per year
The key purpose of the Public Financial Management Adviser is to provide key technical inputs into DFAT Nauru’s investment into Public Sector Management (PSM) and provide quality oversight on PACTAM2 adviser inputs in Public Financial Management (PFM) areas.
You will be accountable to, and managed by the Second Secretary Development Cooperation at the Australian High Commission in Nauru.
This role is expected to commence in February 2019 for a period of 24 months.
1. Provide technical inputs and advice into DFAT- funded Public Financial Management (PFM) investments in Nauru
2. Oversee PACTAM2 adviser inputs in the Ministry of Finance.
3. Risk monitoring and management
4. Integration of DFAT Cross-cutting issues into PFM advisory work
• Tertiary qualification in Public Financial Management or closely related discipline.
Skills, experience, knowledge
• Minimum 10 year experience in implementing PFM reform programs.
• Demonstrated experience providing high level PFM advice on a range of public finance functions including customs, taxation, planning, budgeting and forecasting and revenue management, public procurement process implementation.
• Demonstrated experience working with international aid technical advisers.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with senior level stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience with computerised financial management Information systems (FMIS) in a Government environment.
• Previous experience living and working in a developing country (particularly in the Pacific or small island states) is desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge of DFAT programs.
• Knowledge and experience implementing DFAT’s cross cutting issues, such as gender equality, disability inclusive development.
• Remuneration in line with the ARF – STA D3
• Flights, medicals, and insurance
• Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
• Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST 14th December 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com