17th Feb 2019
ARF C3 ($10,946 - $11,714 per month)
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
The Kiribati Facility is a key investment of the Australian government in Kiribati, comprising of the Skills for Employment Program (SfEP) and the Flexible Support Facility (FSF). The SfEP will support the development of a capable, qualified and mobile I-Kiribati workforce, and consolidate progress already made through the past investment in skills development in Kiribati.
SfEP will focus on developing the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT) as a demand-driven training provider catering for domestic, regional and international labour markets and aligning the source, level and rigour of qualifications accordingly.
About the opportunity:
The Quality Lead is a newly created position, responsible for improving the rigour and quality of training and assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning systems and processes at KIT. The Quality Lead will work daily with the Academic Staff at the Institute across all disciplines and delivery areas and will model appropriate skills and behaviours expected of KIT lecturers.
The Quality Lead is also responsible for program development, professional development and strengthening training and assessment capacity and capability across KIT. The position will have responsibility for coordinating the Developmental RPL Model used at KIT in partnership with selected Australian Registered Training Organisations.
• Position reports to: Team Leader / Director KIT
• Location: Tarawa, Kiribati
• Contract type: Long Term Adviser, ARF C3 ($10,946 - $11,714 per month) until 15 March 2020
• Please note that Scope Global is unable to support accompanying dependants under 18 years of age for this posting
For more information please view the job and person specification.
• Training and assessment capacity and capability
• RPL services and student information
• Support training and assessment delivery
• Inclusion and equity
• Relevant degree level education qualification in Vocational Education and Training and / or Audit education
• Vocational training qualifications at Diploma level or higher
• Minimum five years’ experience as a senior VET teacher or manager in the Australian VET system including responsibilities for quality management.
• Minimum five years’ experience delivering professional development to VET trainer and assessors and/or lecturers to strengthen capacity and capability.
• Demonstrated experience managing RPL processes and procedures, working with Australian training quality standards and student information systems.
• High level interpersonal and relationship skills, including the ability to build and maintain networks and a commitment to shared vision between stake holders in a variety of roles
• High level skills and competence with Microsoft Office suite of programs, internet, and communication tools and resources
• Accredited First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain prior to employment
What we offer:
• Friendly, positive, high performance organisational culture
• Meaningful and challenging work that makes a difference in the world, inspiring and connecting us
• Highly diverse and inclusive workforce with employees and program participants across over 50 countries, a focus on disability inclusive development, a Reconciliation Working Group, and equal opportunity to excel
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload cover letter and CV, and address the selection criteria listed on the system).
Applications will close Sunday 17th February. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.