The Government of Vanuatu
18th Mar 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Vanuatu Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) _REDD+ Programme
Database Management Officer under Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation
The Government of Vanuatu has received financing from World Bank acting as Trustee of the Readiness Fund of the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (“FCPF”) towards the cost of formulating the Readiness Preparation Proposal and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for “Database Management Officer under Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation”. The consulting services include: 1) To support the consultants who are hired to conduct the National Forest Inventory and Development of Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system in Database Management, data inputting in the computer and analysis, and producing reports. 2) To support the Department of Forests and REDD+ Unit in managing the database that will be generated through the above-mentioned consultancy.
The Department of Forest – REDD+ Unit now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. The consultant should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
2. The consultant should have a minimum of three years work experience in Database Design, Database Management or Database Administration and Data Analysis.
3. Good knowledge and experience in managing data, analyzing data and producing reports.
4. Proven experience in managing databases ideally based in SQL System (example: PostgreSQL, SQLite, SpatialLite).
5. Basic programming knowledge (python, R, C++) preferable.
6. Basic competencies as Network Administrator would be a strong asset.
7. Should be able to use Microsoft Access databases i.e. enter data, update records and fields, modify database structure and generate customized reports.
8. Should be able to write good report.
Consulting firms are also invited to provide qualified individual consultants for the assignment, in which case only the experience and qualifications of individuals shall be used in the selection process, and that the corporate experience of the firms shall not be taken into account. The Contract may be signed with the firm, but no substitution of any individual who was initially proposed and evaluated shall be permitted.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information and Terms of Reference are available from Ioan Viji at firstname.lastname@example.org or Samuel Lnparus at email@example.com. Interested applicants should send their application letter, resume and name and current contact details of three referees to the Director of Forests, PMB 9064, Port Vila, Vanuatu, by 4:00pm, Monday, 18th March 2019.