The Government of Vanuatu
18th Mar 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Vanuatu Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) _REDD+ Programme
Study on Value Chain Analysis of Non-Timber Forest Products in Vanuatu
Under Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation
The Government of Vanuatu has received financing from World Bank acting as Trustee of the Readiness Fund of the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (“FCPF”) towards the cost of formulating the Readiness Preparation Proposal and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for “Study on Value Chain Analysis of Non Timber Forest Products in Vanuatu under Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation”.
The consulting services include: 1) Identify and prioritize important and marketable NTFP in Vanuatu; 2) Conduct market and value chain analysis of the prioritized NTFP; 3) Ascertain the future prospect of establishing the business based on prioritized NTFPs.
The Department of Forest – REDD+ Unit now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. The Consultant should have a Masters’ Degree in the field economics (like: development economics or forest economics) with at least 8 years of experience in such relevant areas.
2. Good knowledge of forestry and NTFPs and sound understanding of forest resources management and Governance, particularly on the economics of market and value chain analysis of NTFPs and REDD+.
3. Experience in conducting value chain analysis of NTFPs in Vanuatu or in other developing countries having similar socio-economic background.
4. High quality consultative skills, organizational skills, data analysis and report writing.
5. Experience in stakeholders’ engagement and analysis.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally (in English) including situations requiring negotiation with clients.
Consulting firms are also invited to provide qualified individual consultants for the assignment, in which case only the experience and qualifications of individuals shall be used in the selection process, and that the corporate experience of the firms shall not be taken into account. The Contract may be signed with the firm, but no substitution of any individual who was initially proposed and evaluated shall be permitted.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information and Terms of Reference are available from Ioan Viji at firstname.lastname@example.org or Samuel Lnparus at . Interested applicants should send their application letter, resume and name and current contact details of three referees to the Director of Forests, PMB 9064, Port Vila, Vanuatu, by 4:00pm, Monday, 18th March 2019.