Cardno Acil is part of a global consulting organisation which manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in core disciplines such as education, health, HIV and AIDS, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin & North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With more than 3000 staff internationally, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services for the improvement of physical and social infrastructure.
Cardno Acil is currently seeking applications for the role of Strategic Coordination Specialist for our Electoral Support Program in Papua New Guinea.
This is a long-term role and will be based in Port Moresby, with travel to provinces as required.
The position will require the following essential skills and experience:
- Success in facilitating the development of organisations through strategic planning and coordination frameworks
- Success in the development of strategic and operational links between government agencies in a developing country context
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and coach people so as to transfer skills
- Experience working at a strategic level with public sector agencies particularly in a cross cultural context
- An understanding of work groups and action learning
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- High level problem solving and risk management skills
- Management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding and action on gender equity mainstreaming
- Success in working across cultures to ensure development and capacity building
- Experience working on AusAID Projects and/ or working in a Melanesian country would be an advantage
To apply please download the Terms of Reference and the ESP Application Form from our website http://www.cardnoacil.com/osopps.asp.
Please complete the application form and forward with a current CV to the Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference number OS1588.
Cardno Acil Pty Ltd is part of the Cardno Group and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cardno Acil is committed to child protection in all fields. Applicants for projects involving direct or indirect contact with children may be required to produce a police clearance form on application. Consultants considered for project positions will be required to produce copies of their relevant education qualifications.
Cardno Acil Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is close of business Friday 19 June 2009.
Ref No. OS1588, Recruitment Consultant, Cardno ACIL Pty Ltd, 854 Glenferrie Road, HAWTHORN 3122 VIC, Australia
Tel: (61 3) 9819 2877, Fax: (61 3) 9819 4216, Email Address: email@example.com