· Finalisation and implementation of Human Resource Workforce Development Plan
· Use Your International Experience
· $120,912 p.a. Plus Benefits - 1 Year Contract
PACTAM deployees share the ethos of Australian Volunteers International.
You will be committed to making a difference within a cross-cultural setting, with a clear mandate to contribute to the achievement of quality health services through the National Health Strategic Plan for the people of the Solomon Islands - a Pacific Island nation with a population of approximately 500,000 people.
Reporting to the Under Secretary of Administration and Finance for the Ministry of Health and Medical Services, key objectives of this challenging role will be to assist in the finalisation of the Human Resources Workforce Development Plan, and, to support counterparts in implementing the plan. Support the Ministry's move to staff role delineation and its incorporation in to the Human Resources Plan through the development of training programs for Ministry staff. Assist the HR Manager to strengthen capability of staff and contribute to organisational outcomes through transfer of skills and day to day team coaching and mentoring. Advise on staff data base input and usage; and monitor training inputs and the impact of overseas clinical training.
If this is of interest to you, please call and tell us about your background including the following key points:
· Your record of success and extensive experience in Human Resource Planning and Performance Management in the Health Sector preferably in an organisational development context
· Your public sector management skills and proven ability to provide corporate and organisational support and capacity building
· Your proven ability to support counterparts in the achievement of outputs in a cross cultural environment
· Your knowledge of and experience in a sector wide approach in the health sector and promoting aid effectiveness principles.
· Your post graduate qualifications in Human Resource Management, Organisational Development or related discipline.
This position is part of the Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism (PACTAM), which places highly-skilled deployees in the Pacific to assist local employers to meet their human resource needs and contribute to building capacity in the workplace. The remuneration package includes an allowance of AUD$120,912 plus generous housing allowance, relocation, airfares and insurance.
Contact Ann Ray on +61 3 9279 1707 or email@example.com for more information, or visit our website for a detailed Assignment Description - www.australianvolunteers.com/pactam (Go to "Work with Us" and find PACTAM under the "Programs Available" section.)
Applications Applications are requested to include your resume and a document responding to each of the Selection Criteria as outlined in the Assignment Description. Apply online on our website or send expressions of interest quoting Reference 10531939 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 17 June 2012.