- 2 year fixed term contract
- Solomon Islands based
Standing Together Against Violence (STAV) is a program Oxfam has been implementing for over 3 years in the Solomon Islands under the banner of the Solomon Islands NGO Partnership Agreement (SINPA) in collaboration with AusAID.
This position has overall management responsibility for the STAV program, which provides a multi-layered response to the Elimination of Violence Against Women (EVAW) encompassing enhanced service delivery, support for the development of community-level responses and for policy level reforms to achieve attitudinal and behavioural changes.
The Program Manager plays a key technical advisory and strategic role for the program and leads on the development of effective advocacy strategies including the ability of the program to influence policy development and encouraging women to use their agency effectively. The position is responsible for the day to day management of the 6-person STAV team and for the development and maintenance of key in-country relationships with program partners, SINPA partners and women’s networks.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience of implementing gender or gender based violence focused programs and experience of working with highly-sensitive issues in a complex environment
- Experience in leading and managing the successful delivery of program strategies and activities in one or more challenging locations, preferably in Melanesia
- Proven management and supervisor experience in motivating and leading multi disciplinary teams and stakeholders (internally/externally)
- Experience in managing a range of complex change processes
- Proven skills in managing partnership relationships
- High level financial management skills and sound numeracy skills
- Experience of representing and communicating at senior levels: Government, agencies and donors
- Experience of integrating cross-cutting issues in programs, with particular emphasis on gender, human rights, HIV & AIDS, child protection and civil society strengthening
- Commitment to gender justice and, in particular, women’s rights to live free from violence and threats of violence
This is position is exempt from EEO policies and is for women only. This position is open to candidates of all nationalities. The remuneration and benefits package for this position will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please note: There is no closing date for this position. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Previous applicants need not apply
Please note that only applications submitted on our Application Form will be accepted.
Download the position description and application form at: https://www.oxfam.org.au/my/jobs or contact: Val Stanley via firstname.lastname@example.org