Basic Industries Pte Limited
27th Mar 2023
Basic Industries Pte Limited employs 300+ people to manage and operate a broad range of manufacturing processes. This includes quarrying, drilling and blasting, gravel extraction, aggregate screening, crushing & washing, block making and ready-mix concrete batching, concrete pre-casting, pre-stressing and post-tensioning.
We are looking to hire a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Manager Projects & Technical Services. The incumbent will be responsible for driving aggregate and concrete technology performance improvements throughout the operations divisions, including process fundamentals and improvement initiatives, maintenance and maintenance improvement plans, and production improvements. The position will also be responsible for management of work involving major capital improvement project initiatives and engineering projects and manage multi-million-dollar projects from conception to completion.
· Effectively plan and deploy all major projects for customers with adoption of strong project management methodology and process, always ensuring OTIF delivery of all project milestones to the highest quality standards.
· Drive internal process, infrastructure, and facilities improvement and achieve benchmark international standards, and to be recognised as a leader in the construction industry in Fiji.
· Work closely with Plant Managers to provide needed resources with the goal of driving operations to world-class performance level including benchmarking them against industry standards and key competitors.
· Provide strategic input to by working closely with the quarry and concrete management team to develop, gain approval, initiate, and manage medium and large-scale (> FJD1 million) capital projects across the divisions.
· Facilitating and supporting cross-functional teams to continuously improve or redesign operational processes from critical to safe, high-quality, and efficient operations by leveraging the Lean and Change Leadership methodologies in all aspects of the business.
· Drive the Quality Improvement Framework within the business, with supporting change management and upskilling programme is pursuit of “Zero Defects” objective.
· Develop in-house technical capabilities of team by providing technical updates and/or training to sales and operations personnel as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Mining Engineering required. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
· Project Management experience required. Relevant quality, product and project management certifications or programmes attended will be an advantage.
· Comprehensive knowledge of new and innovative construction and production technologies and best practices related to concrete and quarry operations.
· Ability to read and understand detailed design and civil planning drawings (electrical drawings a plus) and provide oversight for plant operations.
· Concrete production process experience is a must, preferably hands on operational responsibilities including Plant Manager experience.
· Excellent knowledge of any raw materials that need to be used in construction and related International Standards.
· More than 7 years senior management experience with successfully developing and managing projects, investment, and financial management. Sound financial knowledge with commercial acumen is a requirement.
· Excellent leadership and management skills with focus on business plan formulation, execution, financial management, process excellence.
· Good conflict resolution skills and experience in dealing with a mixed membership and variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Well-developed communication and people management skills are a key requirement within a diverse workforce of a multi-cultural background as well as working with communities and businesses in the locality.
· People oriented and a good team player.
Applicants must apply online at www.pacificpeople.com. Applications must include a cover letter and current curriculum vitae with contact details of three professional referees. For further clarifications, please contact Ms. Hannah Hicks-Maravuakula on (679) 3313-229/ (679) 777-1100 or Email: [email protected]
A copy of the job description can be found here:
Applications close on 27th March 2023. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.